Firefighters say a family of five is safe, after they woke up to their house on fire early Thursday morning.

According to firefighters, they were called to a duplex on Birch Drive just after 3:00 a.m.

They say a recycle bin caught fire and extended out to the roof, and attic of the home.

Firefighters say there were five people inside the home when the fire ignited.
– PUB DATE: 4/18/2019 6:15:05 AM – SOURCE: WTVQ-TV Lexington
Source: SEAFC Ky Fire News

Member Discounts

Corporate Sponsors



Kentucky Association of Fire Chiefs
722 Terry Drive
Winchester, KY 40391

Copyright © 2019 | Kentucky Association of Fire Chiefs